Here are the best French candles that smell just like Christmas. Winter is definitely the season in which we spend the most time at home, especially this year, with the pandemic going on. And scented candles are essential parts of our cozy nights-in at the end of the year. Indeed, Christmas candles not only bring festive cheer into the home but they also fill the air with beautiful scents, perfect for a warm and cozy winter setting.
So, in order to get your home into the festive spirit, I’ve rounded up the best French Christmas candles from some of my favorite brands. From Diptyque to Cire Trudon, to Astier de Villatte and more, keep reading below to shop the best Christmas candles to enjoy this Holiday season.
The Best Christmas Candles For A Wonderfully Scented Home
Here is my selection of the most beautiful French scented candles with warming scents to enjoy this Holiday season. If you want to know more, check out my previous article on the best French scented candles to transport you to France.
1. Diptyque Christmas Candles in Limited Edition
To celebrate the end of year festivities, Diptyque and artist Ugo Gattoni have created a limited-edition trio of scented candles: Moonlit Fir (Sapin de Nuit), Floral Majesty (Fleur Majesté), and Amber Feather (Ambre Plume). You can buy the set of three scented candles (2.5oz each) or candles separately (2.5oz or 6.5oz). Moonlit Fir features aromatic woody notes, Floral Majesty has notes of a spicy rose, whereas Amber Feather is spicy, soft, and warm.
2. Cire Trudon Christmas Candles in Limited Edition
For the Holiday season, Cire Trudon invites you to the Great Enchanted Bazar through the alleys of a Moroccan Enchanted Souk with its collection of five Christmas candles in limited edition. Like precious Moroccan lanterns, every glass is handcrafted with care and decorated with gold leaves.
- The Fir scented candle has a woody fragrance with rich top notes of myrrh and incense, as well as a hint of sweet cinnamon.
- The Gabriel scented candle evokes the smokiness of an open fire with warming notes of cashmere wood, soft leather, and chestnut.
- The Abd El Kader scented candle features green scents of fresh mint, ginger’s hot and peppered air, and the perfume of tea and tobacco from the Ouled Nail tribe.
- The Ernesto scented candle is a heady fragrance with top notes of bergamot and grapefruit, which give way to a heart of clove and oak wood before mellowing to a leather and tobacco base.
- Finally, the Gloria scented candle emulates the comforting scent of firewood and mulled wine, and notes of cardamom, incense, and orange are exquisitely layered with cinnamon, cedar, nutmeg, patchouli, and vetiver for a warming feeling.
3. Buly 1803 Sacre Candle
L’Officine Universelle Buly 1803 has been an integral part of the fragrance life of Paris since Jean-Vincent Bully set up shop on the rue Saint-Honoré in 1803 (he even appeared in a Balzac novel). The company creates inventive and exquisite scents, like the Sacre candle, a scent of wisdom, on a frankincense base where pine and honey crown the brows of juniper.
4. Maison Francis Kurkdjian Mon Beau Sapin Candle
Imbue your home with the sweet and woody fragrance of Maison Francis Kurkdjian’s Mon Beau Sapin (My Christmas Tree) candle. Inspired by the Christmas season and in particular by the Balsam Fir, it comes beautifully presented in a deep green glass jar and snow-covered pine needles with touches of gold serigraphy. It’s the perfect gift for hosts of holiday parties.
5. Astier de Villatte Grand Chalet Candle
My favorite scented candles for the holiday season from Astier de Villate is the Grand Chalet Candle. Astier de Villatte’s Grand Chalet evocatively captures the dual nature of the Alpine mountains’ rolling pastures and rocky heights. This scented candle is one of my favorites for winter, and for a much-needed moment of calm.
6. Annick Goutal Ambre et Volupté Candle
The Goutal Ambre et Volupté candle transforms home interiors with hints of spice blend with a soft vanilla base to create this tender scent. This scented candle calls to mind images of a cozy living room on a snowy winter night; the spit and crackle of the lit fire warm you as you curl up in your favorite armchair.
7. Diptyque Feu de Bois Candle
Diptyque Feu de Bois is the perfect scented candle to fill your home with winter fragrance. The candle comes in a bespoke glass jar and gives out unique woodland scents while its unusual mix of rare woods gives the impression of sitting near an open fire on a cozy, winter night. The aroma of blazing embers and the smoky warmth of lapsang tea is a treat to the senses.
8. Frederic Malle Country Home Candle
The Country Home candle takes inspiration from a Scottish manor where the fireplace is filled with flames crackling over logs for inimitable smokiness. With notes of leather mixing with woody tones of pine needle, cedar oil, and fir balsam, the aroma is one that makes you feel instantly at home on a cold winter’s night. Transport yourself to a countryside manor with this encapsulating scent.
9. Carrière Frères Siberian Fir Candles
This year, Carrière Frères imagined three beautiful Christmas scented candles for the Holiday season. Available in limited edition, those scented candles come in a white container adorned with a golden label.
- Siberian Fir & Galle Cinnamon candle composes a spicy perfume lighten up by the sensual nature of the cinnamon.
- Siberian Fir & Dades Rose candle composes a woody and floral perfume where pine needles and rose petals come together.
- Finally, Siberian Fir & Henan Cedar candle composes a woody perfume with a light smoky note: the majestic character of the Chinese cedar further brings leathery notes to the candle.
10. Maison Margiela Replica Whispers in the Library Candle
The Whispers in the Library candle encapsulates the memory of a quintessentially English library, with contrasting peppery, woody notes, and lighter notes of orange flower petals, vanilla, and vetiver. It’ll transport you to a place of peaceful nostalgia and it’ll warm your home with its comforting woody scent.
And you, which one is your favorite scented candle for winter and the Holiday season? Please add your comment below.
Disclosure Policy: some of the links in this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Please read my disclosure here for more info.
Bonjour! I’m Leonce, I’m French and I’m a Parisian expat currently living in the city center of Amsterdam (I previously lived in the 4th arrondissement of Paris, on the Ile-Saint-Louis). I created Leonce Chenal back in 2018 when I was living in London and missing my home country way too much. Because I truly believe you don’t have to be French or to live in France to experience the French art de vivre, Leonce Chenal is a French digital magazine to help you live your French life, wherever you are. Enjoy <3