Here are the best face washes and facial cleansers from the French pharmacy French girls swear by! French pharmacy is the ultimate health and beauty destination where you can find a full range of affordable and effective beauty products. French pharmacy beauty products are coveted by everyone: from models to backstage experts, make-up artists, or beauty editors alike. And there is a reason why! Indeed, there is always a French pharmacy skincare product tailored to your skin concern. Even French dermatologists prescribe some of the French pharmacy cane brands such as Avene, Vichy, and La Roche-Posay!
From super gentle micellar water, fantastic cleansing oil to a detox gel cleanser, these French pharmacy face cleansers below are ideal for every skin type. In order to inject a bit of French fabulousness into your skincare routine, I’ve saved you some time. And I compiled a list of the best French pharmacy face washes and facial cleansers based on products I’ve tried and loved.
The Best French Face Cleansers For Every Skin Type
I’ve listed three different types of French pharmacy face cleansers: micellar waters, cleansing oils and cleansing gels. But first, you need to decide what you want a cleanser to do. Do you want it to remove makeup perfectly, to deep cleanse and to remove excess oil, or to soothe and hydrate your skin? The secret is in finding the cleanser that really delivers on the specific issues you want to address.
If micellar waters remove make-up from the face and the eyes efficiently and soothe the most sensitive skins, cleansing oils are best for dry skins. Indeed, cleansing oils are a gentle way of removing impurities, including waterproof makeup without drying the skin. On the other hand, cleansing gels are best for oily, acne-prone, and combination skins. Indeed, cleansing gels are effective at decongesting clogged pores, removing excess oil, and killing acne-causing bacteria, thanks to their antiseptic and exfoliating properties. Keep scrolling below to discover the best French pharmacy cleansers for every skin type.
- Bioderma Sensibio H2O – It’s one of the cult French pharmacy beauty products. Specially formulated for sensitive, normal to dry skins, it removes make-up while maintaining the skin’s balance.
- La Roche-Posay Micellar Water – Enriched with thermal spring water, this formula contains a minimal list of ingredients. You can use it as a face wash, toner, and makeup remover.
- Caudalie Micellar Cleansing Water – Suitable for even the most sensitive skin types, the gentle, soap-free formula contains 98% of natural ingredients that respect the skin’s natural pH balance.
- Darphin Aromatic Cleansing Balm With Rosewood
- By Terry Cellularose Nutri-Pure Comforting Balm Cleanser
- SkinCeuticals Simply Clean – This gel cleanser is ideal for normal, combination, and oily skin types. The formula combines sulfonic acid, glycerin, chamomile, aloe extracts, orange oil, and citric acid to gently exfoliate uneven or rough skin.
- SkinCeuticals Replenishing Cleanser
- La Roche-Posay Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cream Cleanser
- Avène Cleansing Foam
- Vichy Purete Thermale Fresh Cleansing Gel
Oily & Acne-Prone Skins
- SkinCeuticals LHA Cleanser Gel
- SkinCeuticals Purifying cleanser
- Avène Cleanance Cleansing Gel for Face and Body – It is the ideal cleanser for oily skins. Indeed, the ultra-gentle cleanser gel helps to regulate oil secretion and prevent blemishes while working to purify the skin.
- Bioderma Sebium H2O
- La Roche Posay Effaclar Deep Cleansing Foaming Cream
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel – It is one of the best French pharmacy cleansers for oily and sensitive skin. It gently cleanses acne-prone and oily skins by removing excess oil and without over-drying.
- Effaclar Micellar Cleansing Water and Makeup Remover
- Avène Extremely Gentle Cleanser Lotion – This facial cleanser is super gentle with even the most sensitive skin. It cleanses and removes make-up from the face and the eyes efficiently, and soothes irritated skins. This cleanser is specifically formulated for very sensitive skin: fair, thin, prone to redness.
- SkinCeuticals Soothing Cleanser
- Avène Oil-Free Gel Cleanser
- Avène Antirougeurs CLEAN Redness-relief Refreshing Cleansing Lotion
- Bioderma Sensibio Foaming Gel
- Avène Tolerance Extreme Cleansing Lotion
- SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser
- Avène XeraCalm A.D Lipid-Replenishing Cleansing Oil
- Caudalie Make-Up Removing Cleansing Oil
- Avène Extremely Gentle Cleanser Lotion
- Caudalie Gentle Cleansing Milk
- Bioderma Hydrabio H2O
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. If you buy something through my links, I may earn an affiliate commission, at no cost to you. I only recommend products I genuinely love.
Bonjour and welcome to Leonce Chenal, a modern lifestyle platform created and curated by a French woman, and for lovers of everything French. I’m Leonce, born and raised near Annecy, France. Through this website, I want to share with you the passion I have for my home country and for the French art de vivre. Merci for visiting and à bientôt! —Leonce