Here are the best French pharmacy products to add to your beauty vanity. French pharmacy products are coveted by everyone —from models to backstage experts, make-up artists, and beauty editors alike. Their formulations are gentle, skin-friendly, and well-known for their high-quality ingredients.
In France, we consider French pharmacies as the ultimate health and beauty destination, where you can find a full range of affordable and effective beauty products. Being French, in today’s post, I’ve gathered 50 cult-favorite French products to shop from the best French pharmacy brands.
So if you want to inject a bit of French fabulousness into your skincare routine, and you’re wondering where to start, here are the best French pharmacy products to shop for. Whatever your skin concern is, you’ll always find the right skincare product tailored to your needs.
- Bioderma Sensibio Micellar Water – for sensitive to normal skin.
- Klorane Waterproof Eye Make-Up Remover – for sensitive eyes.
- Avène XeraCalm A.D Ultra-Rich Cleansing Bar – for very dry and atopic dermatitis eczema-prone skin.
- Avène Cleanance Cleansing Gel – for oily, blemish-prone skin.
For more, check out my article on the best cleansers from the French pharmacy.
Best Face Mists
- Caudalie Grape Water – for all skin types, even ultra-sensitive skin.
- Avène Thermal Spring Water – for sensitive skin.
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir – for dehydrated skin.
- SVR Essence B 2% B3 + Multi-Weight Hyaluronic Acid Lotion – for sensitive, dehydrated skin.
- By Terry Baume de Rose Rose Toner – for sensitive and/or dry skin.
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Clarifying Solution Acne Toner – for combination and oily skin types.
- Vichy Mineral 89 Daily Skin Booster – with Hyaluronic Acid to hydrate and plump the skin.
- Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum – to combat dark spots & boost radiance.
- Avene Antirougeurs Fort Relief Concentrate – to reduce redness associated with reactive skin and rosacea.
- La Roche-Posay Pure Retinol Face Serum with Vitamin B3 – to reduce the look of fine lines, wrinkles, and signs of premature sun damage.
Best Face Moisturizers
- Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré – for all skin types.
- SVR Sensifine Nutribaume – for sensitive and irritation-prone skin.
- Avene Tolerance Extreme Emulsion – for normal to combination hypersensitive and allergic skin.
- Avène Cleanance Mattifying Emulsion – for oily, blemish-prone skin.
Best Eye Creams & Treatments
- Avène Les Essentiels Refreshing Eye Contour Cream – to revitalize tired eyes.
- SVR Ampoule Relax Evening Eye Contour Serum – to lessen the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, dark circles, and under-eye bags.
- Klorane Smoothing and Soothing Eye Patches – to reduce the signs of fatigue and under-eye puffiness, and diminish the appearance of dark circles and smooth fine lines.
For more, read my post on the 10 best eye creams from the French pharmacy.
Best Face Masks
- Caudalie Vinoperfect Glycolic Peel Mask – the perfect radiance-enhancing peel mask for dull complexion.
- Avène Soothing Radiance Mask – to hydrate and soothe even the most sensitive, irritated skin.
- Caudalie Instant Detox Mask – to cleanse and purify the skin, to minimize the look of skin imperfections.
Best Skin Ointment
- Avene Cicalfate+ Restorative Protective Cream – helps to restore the skin’s damaged natural barrier.
Best Anti-Aging Creams
- La Roche-Posay Redermic R Dermatological Anti-Aging Treatment Intensive – retinol concentrated wrinkle-diminishing treatment.
- Filorga TIME-FILLER Absolute Wrinkle Correction Cream – to correct all forms of wrinkles.
- Avene Retrinal 0.1 Intensive Cream – with a high concentration of vitamin A.
For more, check out my article on the best French anti-aging creams to fight wrinkles.
Best Acne Treatments
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Acne Treatment with Benzoyl Peroxide – to eliminate blemishes while preventing new breakouts.
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Adapalene Gel 0.1% Retinoid – to help clear skin and prevent blackheads, whiteheads, clogged pores, and acne blemishes.
- Avene TriAcneal NIGHT Smoothing Lotion – for oily and acne-prone skin.
For more, see my post on the 10 best French pharmacy products to clear acne.
Best Lip Balms
- Nuxe Rêve de Miel Lip Balm – for dry, chapped lips.
- By Terry Baume de Rose Lip Care – for dry, chapped, or cracked lips.
Best Hand Creams
- L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream – for dry or dehydrated skin.
- Avène Cicalfate Restorative Hand Cream – for very dry cracked hands.
- Nuxe Reve de Miel Hand and Nail Cream – for dry and damaged skin.
For more, read my post on the 10 best French hand creams for all skin types.
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Lotion Spray Sunscreen SPF 60 – for all skin types, face & body.
- Avène Very High Protection Spray Sun Cream SPF50+ – for sensitive skin.
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Clear Skin Dry Touch Sunscreen SPF 60 – for oily, combination, and acne-prone skin types.
For more, check out my post on the 10 best French sunscreens to effectively protect your skin.
Best Body Washes
- Nuxe Prodigieux Scented Shower Oil – for all skin types.
- Nuxe After Sun Hair and Body Shampoo – perfect to lift away traces of sunscreen, salt, chlorine, and sand from the hair and body.
- Bioderma Atoderm face and body shower gel – for normal to dry sensitive skin.
Best Body Oils
- Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Purpose Dry Oil – to nourish, repair, and soften both your skin and hair.
Best Dry Shampoos
- Klorane Daily Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk – for all hair types.
- Klorane Softening Shampoo with Oat Milk – for all hair types.
- Leonor Greyl Shampooing Creme Moelle de Bambou – for long, dry, thick, or frizzy hair.
- Christophe Robin Cleansing Purifying Scrub with Sea Salt – for sensitive or oily scalp.
Best Hair Masks & Treatments
- Christophe Robin Regenerating Mask with Prickly Pear Oil – for dry and damaged hair.
- Klorane Nourishing & Repairing Mask – for very dry, damaged hair.
- Leonor Greyl L’Huile De Leonor Greyl – pre-shampoo treatment for dry hair.
For more, check out my article on the 10 best French hair products French women love.
Et voilà! I hope this list of the best French pharmacy products will guide you in your shopping. Please let me know in the comments below if you have any questions.
Disclaimer: I independently select all products featured on Leonce Chenal. If you buy something through my links, I may earn an affiliate commission, at no cost to you. I only recommend products I genuinely love.
Bonjour and bienvenue (welcome) to Leonce Chenal, a modern lifestyle platform created and curated by a French woman for lovers of everything French. My name is Leonce, and I’m originally from Annecy, France. I created Leonce Chenal to share my love for France and the French art de vivre (the art of living) with you. I genuinely hope my enthusiasm for this beautiful country encourages you to experience its wonders for yourself. Merci for visiting. Bien à vous, Leonce.