Spring is in the air! And it’s finally time to shop for a spring capsule wardrobe ;). Being a transitional season, it can be very difficult to plan outfits for the spring season and figure out exactly what to wear. So whether you’re looking to refresh your spring wardrobe entirely or you’re just looking for something new to spruce things up, I’m here to help ;)!
Indeed, below I’ve put together the chicest French capsule wardrobe for spring 2023. After a fair amount of research, I’ve curated 24 timeless pieces that can be easily mixed and matched, and styled in both casual and elevated looks. This spring, we’re leaning into neutral colors (beige, grey, camel) and classic silhouettes mixed with some irresistible trend-forward pieces like oversized denim jackets, 90s-inspired jeans, or wide-leg cargo pants.
From transitional outerwear to everyday jeans and comfortable yet chic footwear, this capsule has everything and there’s an outfit for every occasion. Without further ado, create your own spring capsule wardrobe with these 24 must-have French-style essentials. Shop my edit, below.
Shop the French Spring Capsule Wardrobe
Keep scrolling below for additional accessories and more affordable alternatives.
- The striped shirt – Totême Signature striped cotton-poplin shirt | I also love Sézane’s comfortable yet chic Max shirt striped blue and pink & white stripes
- The versatile button-down shirt – Frankie Shop Lui organic cotton-poplin shirt
- The turtleneck – Sandro roll-neck wool sweater (I’m usually a Sandro size 2/M and I choose a size XS)
- The cropped sweater – Loewe Anagram cropped embroidered wool-blend sweater
- The knit bodysuit – Sandro knit bodysuit with sweetheart neck
- The Breton-style sweater – J.Crew cashmere boatneck pullover sweater in stripe
- The vest – Frankie Shop Maesa asymmetric woven vest
Jeans & Tailored Pants
- The 90s-inspired jeans – Agolde ’90s high-rise straight-leg jeans | I also love these super comfortable Reformation Val 90s mid-rise straight jeans.
- The pleated wide-leg pants – Loulou Studio Sbiru pleated wool straight-leg pants
- The cargo pants – Frankie Shop Maesa pleated woven wide-leg cargo pants
- The white denim – Toteme cotton-gabardine tapered pants
- The timeless trench coat – Burberry The Chelsea trench coat | Other affordable options are J.Crew’s New Icon trench or Sézane’s Scott trench coat
- The classic suit jacket – Sandro double-breasted suit jacket
- The denim jacket – Sandro oversized denim jacket with rhinestones
- The camel coat – Totême double-breasted paneled wool jacket
- The cardigan – Sandro long houndstooth coatigan
- The chunky loafers – Tod’s Gomma Pesante embellished glossed-leather loafers
- The two-tone loafers – Saint Laurent Le Loafer two-tone patent-leather loafers | Other affordable options are Porte & Paire Two-tone leather loafers and Sandro thick-soled leather loafers
- The suede slippers – Tod’s embellished suede slippers | Loro Piana Babouche Charms Walk suede slippers
- The white sneakers – Nike Air Force 1 leather sneakers | Veja Esplar metallic-trimmed leather sneakers
- The espadrilles – Castaner Chiara 80 canvas wedge espadrilles
Bags & Accessories
- The camel bag – Polène Numéro 8 Mini Camel
- The cross-body bag – Sézane Milo Classic bag
- The cat-eye sunglasses – Bottega Veneta Cat-eye acetate sunglasses
- The leather belt – Anderson’s croc-effect leather belt
- The straw hat – Gucci grosgrain-trimmed glittered straw hat
- The gold medallion – Oscar de la Renta Letter gold-plated crystal necklace | Sézane Sara pendant 9-carat gold
10 French Spring Outfits With These 24 Items
Disclaimer: We carefully select and personally love every product featured on Leonce Chenal. If you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Leonce is the founder and editor of Leonce Chenal, a lifestyle platform launched in 2018. Originally from France, Leonce offers a fresh perspective that comes from her experience at top tech companies in Paris and London. Having spent several years in Paris and now residing in Amsterdam, she combines her professional expertise with a personal passion for French and Parisian styles. Leonce is committed to guiding her readers through the intricacies of Parisian chic, empowering them to embrace the elegance and sophistication of French style.